Friday, June 15, 2012

A Norwegian attending the Writing Seminar Week writes...


Raymond Lillevik
PhD-student at Det Teologiske Menighetsfakultetet
(The Norwegian School of Theology) in Oslo

To Dr. A. M. Kool
Dear Dr. Kool.
I would like to thank you and your staff at the CIMS for your enthusiastic and competent guidance and assistance during my stay at the writing seminary at your center 11-15th June. During my research on Lichtenstein, Lucky and Gurland the last years, my experience is that it is very difficult to find the expertise as well as the necessary willingness to find and evaluate reliable material on Jewish believers in Jesus, and this has also been the case in regard to Eastern Europe. That is; until this week!
Not only have you, your staff and students dug up sources as sources and literature that previous has been inaccessible or unknown to me, but have also connected me to Hungarian researchers (like e.g. Dr. Kovács), organized meetings and journeys in that regard, and not least spent hours to help me to read Magyar. I will certainly recommend this center for fellow researchers at the Menighetsfakultetet as well as my supervisors, Prof. dr. Reidar Hvalvik and Prof. em. Dr. Oskar Skarsaune.
In Christ
Your Raymond Lillevik, June 15, 2012