Friday, June 15, 2012

CEEAMS - CIMS Writing Week

Dear Anne-Marie

I am writing to give you an idea of my assessment of the writing week at the Center for Central and Eastern European Studies. The time spent here was fruitful for me. It was helpful to have a planned time and put some effort into coming over and focus on academic research for an article in missiology. A structured Writing Week commitment helps us focus on the research and avoid some of the distractions of daily life and ministry.

I was impressed by the facilities, the library and the helpful staff. As a minster and a missiologist living and working in Bulgaria my understanding is that to have such an institution, dedicated to mission research in Eastern Europe, is paramount and a blessing, Besides making use of the library my meeting and speaking with other researchers and believers from Eastern and Northern Europe was very informative and inspiring. Although I struggled with my lack of knowledge of Hungarian when using some of the library resources, the staff made it very easy for me as they readily offered me help.

I was also able to set the groundwork for an article on the role of freedom of conscience and the church-state dynamic on mission in our context. I will gladly offer the manuscript for publication in your journal Acta Missiologiae.

I must express also my gratitude of your institution generously covering my expenses for travel, accommodation and meals.

I hope that this initiative will continue in the future.

With my best regards,

Viktor

Viktor Kostov, PhD
Missiologist, attorney-at-law
Publisher and editor of Freedom for All
online publication for the freedoms
of conscience, religion and speech
in Bulgarian
www.kmission.org
www.center-religousfreedom.com