Saturday, December 5, 2009

Encouragement from Bulgaria

Thank you for the PP from your presentation (on "Re-envisioning theological education and the role of mission in the light of the crisis of the family and its effects on students and pastors", which I held last week at a consultation in Veliko Tarnovo in Bulgaria, amk). I liked it really so much. Of course you are a very good speaker and it is so easy to follow you, but what I really liked was your fairness and the courage to speak so open about this topic in front of all these delegates. In fact you have really something to say and it is a privilege to have you here in Eastern Europe.

Today I read also your article "Leadership Issues in Central and Eastern Europe: Continuing Trends and Challenges in Mission and Missiology". Thank you so much for this. I love it to see that you are from the West but you understand both sides (East and West). Very often people from the East don't really have the courage to say and write these things and many people from the West are not interested to know them. Can you email me please this article too, because I would like to send it to some friends in West and East.
(PB)